COOKIES POLICY AND LOCAL STORAGE
Cookies and local storage are part of the necessary technology to run normally the website and are not inherently harmful, but it is important that you know the implications for your privacy.
- What are cookies?
- What are cookies used for?
- What is local storage?
- What are third-party cookies?
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
“Cookies” are small temporary files that are created on the user’s device (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) when visiting a website, and allow the website to store information, for instance the user preferences or enables it to recognize him in later visits.
When a web creates a cookie on the user’s device, the following is stored:
- The web address / domain that created the cookie
- The duration of the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years
- The content of the cookie.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
- Essential technical cookies. They are used to manage the flow of navigation within the web or to keep the user connected to it. By disabling them, it is possible that some section of the web does not work correctly.
- Customization cookies. Necessary to remember certain user preferences.
- Analytical cookies. They help us and third parties to collect information on the origin of the users and their navigation within the web, in order to perform a statistical analysis to improve the structure and contents.
- Advertising cookies. Used to manage the ads that appear on the web, decide the content or frequency of the ads.
- Behavioral advertising cookies. They help to gather the user’s browsing habits to create a profile of their interests and to show them ads adapted to them.
- Cookies for social sharing. They are necessary to identify the user in social networks and thus allow him to share contents.
WHAT IS LOCAL STORAGE?
For local storage we mean any file created by the web on your navigation device. Cookies are a form of local storage, but there are others, for example:
- Local storage of the browser. Some websites use local storage called “sessionStorage” and “localStorage” to store information; “SessionStorage” is automatically deleted when the browser program is closed; instead to delete the “localStorage” the user must delete the browsing history.
- Local Flash storage (“Flash Local Shared Objects”). Flash is a browser add-on that allows you to embed interactive and multimedia elements in a web. Flash also allows the visited website to store files on the user’s device.
- Silverlight local storage (“Isolated Objects”). Silverlight is a browser add-on that lets you incorporate interactive and multimedia elements into one web. Silverlight also allows the visited web site to store files on the user’s device.
- The web beacon is a tracking technique that consists of inserting in the web or in an email an image hosted on an Internet server so that, when the browser or mail program connects to that server to download and view the Image, access is registered. Sometimes these images are very small or transparent so that the user is not aware of their existence.
WHAT ARE THIRD-PARTY COOKIES?
Many websites incorporate features provided by third parties, such as:
- Analytics of access and use of the pages.
- Interactive maps.
- Videos and other media.
- Social buttons.
Browsing this website with cookies and local storage activated necessarily entails the acceptance of the privacy policies established by the providers of the following functions:
|Google Analytics||Google, Inc||http://www.google.es/intl/es/analytics/privacyoverview.html|
|Google Maps, Youtube||Google, Inc||http://www.google.com/intl/es_es/policies/privacy/|
|Sharing in social networks through the AddThis.com Add-on||AddThis, Inc||http://www.addthis.com/privacy|
Most browsers allow cookies to be disabled globally. Many browsers also allow you to delete cookies associated with particular webs / domains. To do this, the user should consult the support page of his browser.
The following are links to the help pages of the most common browsers to know the configuration of cookies in each:
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-which-sites-we
- Safari 5 for OSX: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- Safari 6/7 for OSX https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=en_US
- Safari for IOS: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/en/COokies.html
- Some of the information may be stored in the local storage of the browser or in Flash storage:
- To erase data stored in the local storage of the browser, the user must clear the browsing history.
- To learn how to clear local Flash storage or to limit the amount of space allowed, see the Adobe Help pages: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
- To block the use of Google Analytics and its cookies:
- Google Analytics Browser Disabling Add-on can be downloaded at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=e
- To block the trace of your interests by the Add-on AddThis:
- You can disable it at the following link: http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out
- To block the trace of your interests by the share ShareThis:
- You can do this in the following link with the option “OPT OUT” http://www.sharethis.com/legal/privacy/
For other browsers as well as for any clarification or question about the cookies of this website, you can contact us by email, writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important notice: in case of blocking the cookies it is possible that some services or functionalities of the web do not function correctly.
In order to help users to delete or block cookies, a list of the domains and cookies that are activated when browsing this web is included. Most browsers allow you to block or delete cookies created by specific domains.
|Functionality||Cookies||Domain||Duration||Type of cookie|
|Google Analytics (Google, Inc.)||Cookies temporales y persistentes (__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, __utmv, _ ga)||www.barcelonaauctions.com||Years||Web analytics|
|Functions of Google (Google Maps, Youtube, +1, Google Remarketing, Google Translate, etc) (Google, Inc.)||Cookies temporales y persistentes (VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, PREF, YSC, etc).
Almacenamiento local del navegador.
Almacenamiento local de Flash
|googleusercontent.com, google.es, google.com, doubleclick.net, invitemedia.com, admeld.com, googlesyndication.com, googleadservices.com, youtube.com, youtube.es, ytimg.com, etc||Years||Tracking
Sharing in social media
|Sharing in function through the AddThis.com Add-on||Cookies temporales y persistentes.
Almacenamiento local del navegador.
|.addthis.com, barcelonaauctions.com, www.barcelonaauctions.com||Years||Tracking
Sharing in social media
|Remember the language chosen||ARCELANG||barcelonaauctions.com, www.barcelonaauctions.com||A year||Customization user preferences|